Contact Us: How to Join
Visitors Always Welcome
If you are interested in joining, please come check us out (updated per new BSA rules April 18, 2022):
- Scouts BSA Troops 1028 and 1029 are in the Monticello District of the Virginia Headwaters Council (VAHC)
- Any boy or girl aged 10 or older but not yet 18 (note: age 10 requires being in 5th grade and registered after March 1, OR having earned Arrow of Light award in Cub Scouts) is eligible and welcome to join
- Feel free to attend any Monday Troop meeting to meet our Scouts, Leaders, and Parents - email us for location details (see "Contact Us" page above)
- Check our "Calendar" page first to make sure we are meeting (we don't meet on Albemarle County school holidays or when schools are closed due to bad weather) and confirm the location
- You can also use the "Contact Us" page to email the Scoutmasters or Committee Chair to check the detailed agenda and let us know you are coming
- Many of our amazing outings are open to Webelos and AOL Scouts! Join us for our annual kayaking adventure, hike with us, zipline with us, camp with us at Apple Harvest, or join us for one of our many and varied outings!
Troop Meetings - Monday Nights, Year-Round
With the exception of Albemarle County and STAB school holidays and weather-related closings, we meet year-round every Monday evening from 6:30 to 8:00 pm.
Meeting Location: We meet at the St. Anne's-Belfield (STAB) School's Belfield Campus on 799 Faulconer Drive (just off the 250 Bypass, take the US 250 Business exit towards Ivy and immediately follow signs) in Charlottesville, Virginia. Follow the map to park and reach our meeting location in the Learning Village Dining Hall.
For more detailed directions to the STAB Belfield campus, please see www.stab.org
Our Next Troop Open House - January/February 2024!
We held our Fall Open House on November 13, 2023, but if you missed it, we will have another Open House in winter and spring 2024. In the meantime, feel free to use our Contact Us page to email us questions or to inquire about visiting the Troops for a meeting or an outing. Also, please check out this informative flyer, new parent packet, and a local magazine article below, plus you can find more resources on our home page:
Ready to Join? Submit an Application via our beascout pins!
Once you are ready to join, it is easy to submit an application and pay the BSA fees (if applicable) via our beascout pins via the "Apply Now" link. If you are a current Scout in another Troop or a Pack, use your BSA ID number and be sure to select the "youth was a former Scout" option so you don't get charged the $25 New Scout Fee.
Want more info?
Either email us from our Contact Us page or use the Request More Info links below.